Ever sat there waiting for the grib to arrive? Want the grib on your computer ready to use? I’ve written a Java utility that will monitor the SOL server and automatically download the grib file for you when it arrives. It’s been enhanced to include a DC editor and now has a graphical interface.
The following steps are what you need to do
1. Download autoGribLoad_1_5.
2. Unzip it in the folder to where you want the gribs downloaded for the current race.
3. Run autoGribLoad_1_3.jar and fill out the parameters accordingly.
4. On clicking OK, it will download the current grib file for the race, and when done, sit and wait until the next one arrives. It will also get any DC’s that are set and display them in the DC window.
5. To stop, simply kill the window. Restarting will check if the latest file already exists, and if so, it won’t re-download.
The program uses autoGribLoad.ini as the default ini file name. A different file can be used by providing that file name as a command line argument. e.g.
java -jar autoGribLoad.jar race_922.ini
That way you can have different .ini files for different races, all running at the same time. You can copy and edit the .ini or update the parameters when running.
Obviously, your computer must be left running for this to work.
The DC editor works the same way as Brainaid, and are in the same format. One enhancement, any stale DC’s are ignored. You clock must be synchronised with sailonline.org.