Where to begin?
What an extraordinary race! A race that just has everything that SOL has on offer for the (seriously?) ‘serious’ on-line yacht racer, including in this case:
- the wind puzzles of the Black Sea,
- the hunt for balance between angle and pressure in the Etesian winds of the Aegean,
- a big ask on boat-handling skills through the narrows of the Bosporus and Dardanelles,
- and through the maze of the Greek islands,
- and lots of stamina and dedication and sleep management.
And of course, the race takes us along the coasts of pre-history where mankind’s first empires were founded, as well as its last and most long-lived, The Empire of The Ottomans. Continue reading Turkey Time !