None of us have 20:20 vision when it comes to reading gridded wind gribs. Some of us are better than others at trying to see through the myopic maze on SOL as we pull the time bar steadily from left to right, but honestly everybody does better when they get themselves a pair of glasses. Continue reading Confessions from the Canaries
Where to begin?
What an extraordinary race! A race that just has everything that SOL has on offer for the (seriously?) ‘serious’ on-line yacht racer, including in this case:
- the wind puzzles of the Black Sea,
- the hunt for balance between angle and pressure in the Etesian winds of the Aegean,
- a big ask on boat-handling skills through the narrows of the Bosporus and Dardanelles,
- and through the maze of the Greek islands,
- and lots of stamina and dedication and sleep management.
And of course, the race takes us along the coasts of pre-history where mankind’s first empires were founded, as well as its last and most long-lived, The Empire of The Ottomans. Continue reading Turkey Time !